Metacam is a honey-flavoured oral suspension which can be added to food or given directly to your dog. In a recent survey, 9 out of 10 dog owners who had given Metacam to their dog stated their preference for using oral suspensions over tablets.
"Easy to give. Easy to take."
- Shake the bottle. Remove the cap and attach the dosing syringe to the top of the bottle.
- Turn the bottle and syringe upside down. Pull the plunger out until the black line is even with your dog’s weight in kilos. (For dogs under 10 kg, apply 2 drops per kg directly from the bottle onto food).
- Turn the bottle right side up. Twist the bottle and syringe in opposite directions to separate the dispensing syringe from the bottle.
- Push the plunger to empty the syringe onto your dog’s food or right into his/her mouth immediately before or after feeding.
- Not every dog needs the same amount of medication to manage its pain. Metacam Oral Suspension allows your veterinarian to prescribe a dose to meet the exact needs of your dog.
It is important to determine if your dog is at its ideal weight. Please discuss this with your veterinarian as the dosage of Metacam needs to be adjusted accordingly.
Do not make any adjustments to your dog’s medications without consulting with your veterinarian. Your veterinarian has the knowledge and information necessary to best determine your dog’s medication requirements.